Alorna is a village situated in the Pernem taluka in North Goa. It is well known for the Alorna fort that is situated here.
The fort of Alorna is in the taluka of Pernem on the banks of the Chapora River. The site is about 31 km from Panaji and the area is quite remote. The fort was built by Bhonsales of Sawantwadi in the 17th century to defend against the Maratha attacks from the north. It was captured by the Portuguese in 1746 and later invaded in 1781. Today, two barracks exist as remnants of the earlier fort but the fort is in ruins. Inside is a house but it appears to be abandoned. Unfortunately, Alorna fort is not open to tourists.
The village of Alorna is also known for the Mahadev temple located here. This temple is known to be around 1000 years old and the 'Linga' and 'Ideal of Nandi' are known to be natural in origin.