Socorro is an isolated pretty village that is situated in north Goa. A main attraction here is the church known as Our Lady of Socorro that was built in 1667 laid by the Franciscan. The village got its name after the patroness. The main altar of the church is dedicated to Our Lady of Socorro and one can also see the altars of St. Francis of Assisi and St Sebastian. A number of people come here for the feasts celebrated such as the feast of Our Lady of Help (Socorro) on 21st November, the feast of St Sebastian on 20th January and the feast of Novem on 6th August.
The Socorro village also has a chapel that was built in 1682 known as the chapel of Our Lady of Rosary that was subsequently renovated in 1848. In the village one can also see some huge Portuguese mansions. There is a pond in Soccoro situated at Javaddo. The chapel built in 1737 of Candelaria, the Holy Family church and the 400 year old St. Anthony chapel, are some other interesting places that one can see in the Socorro village of Goa. There is a lot of transport available from Bardez that go to Socorro.