Pirna is a village situated in the Bardez taluka of Goa that is an ideal spot for a weekend relaxation as it is surrounded by the Sahyadris range, the Dhove Lake and a waterfall. The place also displays the traditional vigour of the Hindus and Christians.
The village of Pirna was once ruled by the Moors. The settlers here engaged themselves in laterite-quarrying, sand extraction and dairy farming. There is a church situated in the Pirna village that was built in 1952 known as the church of Our Lady of Victory. Near the waterfall also, there is a small chapel.
One can even see a number of temples in Pirna and in the Shantadurga temple, a particular religious dance known as 'Tarangam' is held at harvest time.