Colva Village lies is merely 6 km from Margao. 25 km of coastline makes Colva beach the oldest and the largest beach of Goa. Walk on bare-footed on the silver white sand, relax under the shades of the coconut palms or indulge in beach sports while on Goa Beach Tours.
The Colva beach starts from Bogmalo beach in the north to Cabo de Rama in the south. The Colva Beach was once the favorite weekend getaway for the upper class elites of Margao.
They often headed to Colva for the "Mundanca" or the 'Change of Air'. Get an air of aristocracy at Colva by looking around at luxurious houses or villas scattered all around the village.
Colva is also famous for the white washed Our Lady of Mercy church also known as Igreja de Nossa Senhora de Piedade that was founded in 1630 and later rebuilt on the village square in the eighteenth century. It houses the miraculous statue of 'Menino Jesus' (Baby Jesus) which is believed to have healing powers that was founded by a Jesuit missionary.