Curtorim is another widely spread village consisting of several hamlets and, like Chandor, with a heavily predominant Christian population. Its main interest centers on the Church of St. Alex, Santo Aleixo, of some reown. Its builders certainly had an eye for location and, refusing to accept the obvious, built the church with its back to the center of the village, allowing the front of the church and its square to face across the serene waters of a palm-fringed lake to wooded slopes, an enviable setting. Although there has been a church on this site since 1597, built (it is said) on the ruins of a temple to the widely popular deity Ravalnath, it was rebuilt in 1647.
Curtorim village is a predominantly inhabited by the Christian population similar to Chandor. It is very famous for the St. Alex Church which has been built amidst a scenic natural backdrop of a lake across woods on the site of an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to the most powerful deity, Ravalnath. The church has more of a contemporary 18th century styled design with lively decorations than usual similar to the Mangueshi temple at Priol. The 18th Century had more of a mixing of Hindu and Christian ideals which reflected in the similar designs of their temples and churches with free mixing of people and their thoughts, much more preceding the political union of the Old and New Conquests.
The Alex Church follows the same style & pattern of churches found in Salcete with some part of the walls having red laterite while the other part painted with white with only the façade and the porch plastered. The main altar is very elegant in its design with scrolled pilasters supporting the complex balustraded pedestals for the guardian angels in all their splendour. The column details are very notable with the basic design of the chancel taken from the Esprito Santo in Margao.