The Bishops Palace also known as the Patriarcal Palace is situated in Altinho the hillock overlooking the city of Panaji. It is one of the main attraction in this area and is the residence of the Archbishop of Goa.
In order to reflect the elevation of the Archbishop to a Patriarch, the Bishop's Palace was constructed. The diocese of Goa was established here in the year 1533, and raised to an Archdiocese in 1557.
The development of this area had began in year 1886 starting with the work of Archbishop to Patriarchal status finishing by the year 1894, the first Patriarch, "Dom Antonio Sebastiao Valente" entrance is designed with coats of arms.