Email a Friend
6 oz /170g digestive biscuits
2oz /57g melted butter
3 oz/90g dried mango slices
5 oz/150g dried apricots
8 fl oz/200ml orange juice
8fl oz / 200ml fromage frais
2 tbsp caster sugar
1. Crush the digestive biscuits into smooth crumbs and reserve a tablespoon of biscuits for later use.
2. Mix the rest of the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter. Press into the base of a 6 inch/15 cm loose-bottomed flan case and chill it for 30 minutes.
3. Put the apricots and four ounces of orange juice in a small saucepan and bring it to the boil. Cover and simmer for five minutes. Cool the mixture for 15 minutes.
4. In a separate sauce pan put the mango slices and 4 ounces of orange juice and bring it to the boil.
5. Puree the apricots and mango slices with their liquid separately and spread two-thirds of apricot in the prepared tin as a first layer. Then spread two thirds of mango puree over it.
6. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5 190C/375F.
7. Mix the remaining fruit puree with the fromage frais, sugar and eggs. Pour the mixture over the apricots.
8. Bake the cheesecake for about one hour and ten minutes. Cool it for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and sprinkle with the reserve crumbs. Serve hot or cold.
We recommend you to look at our other cakes Recipes