240g / 2 cups white plain flour
1 pt / 2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
450g / 1 cup shelled prawns, cleaned and de-veined
2 tbsp oil
1-1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
4 fl oz / half cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp grated cheese
oil for deep-frying
1 egg, lightly beaten
breadcrumbs for coating
1. Sieve the flour.
2. Place water in a pan with salt and bring it to the boil. Add the butter, lower the heat and add the flour.
3. Stir and beat to mix till it forms a ball.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool enough to handle. Knead well.
5. Chop the prawns finely.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the pan and fry the onions, chillies and garlic till onions are transparent.
7. Add the prawns and cook till they turn light pink. Stir in water, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Mix the cornflower with a little water and stir into the mixture. Cook till thick and creamy. Remove from the heat and add the cheese. Mix well and allow cooling.
9. Roll out pastry about 1/8 in thick. Cut out rounds about 2 inches in diameter.
10.Place one teaspoon filling on each round, fold over and moisten with water to seal. You should get approximately 40 rissois.
11.Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Dip rissois in the beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry.
12.Drain on the paper towel and serve hot with green salad.
We recommend you to look at our other seafood Recipes